This accessibility statement applies to content published on the https://saferstudents.west-midlands.police.uk/ domain. It does not apply to content published to content on other service.west-midlands.police.uk subdomains. For example, west-midlands.police.uk.
This website is run by West Midlands Police. We want as many people as possible to use it. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% with no problems
- navigate most of the website using only a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
How accessible this website is
We are aware that some of this website is not fully accessible. For example:
- PDFs are not completely accessible
- it’s not clear to always see where you are on the site
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format, email us. In your email, tell us:
- the web address (URL) you’re viewing
- what content you need
- the format you need, for example an accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We always want to improve the accessibility of this website.
- find any problems not listed on this page or
- feel we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your email, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
West Midlands Police is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard.
On our website, some PDFs are not accessible. This means they could fail:
- WCAG 2.1. 1.4.11 Non-Text Contrast (AA)
- WCAG 2.1. 1.4.12 Text Spacing (AA)
- WCAG 2.1. 2.5.3 Label in Name (A)
However, there is no availability of an automated or cost-efficient solution for the site, so this will not change.
All future PDFs and other documents will be compliant with the WCAG 2.1. requirements.
Content not in scope of the accessibility regulations
Some of our pre-recorded video on our website does not have the following:
- WCAG 2.1. 1.1.2 (Captions (Prerecorded))
- WCAG 2.1. 1.2.3 (Audio Description or Media Alternative)
- WCAG 2.1. 1.2.5 (Audio Description (Prerecorded))
We are creating guidance to ensure this is met for future pre-recorded videos.
How we tested this website
This website was and is currently being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally.
This statement was prepared on 25 February 2021. It was last updated on 25 February 2021.