Skip to Content
This version of Internet Explorer is no longer supported. Please upgrade your browser or use Google Chrome. The site will continue to load but with limited functionality. (Dismiss)
Home and halls security
- Lock up! Lights on! – Whenever you walk out your front door
- Don’t leave your personal belongings where they can be seen through doors and windows
- Make sure you buy contents insurance for all your gadgets and tech, and register it at www.immobilise.com
- Never leave a spare key lying around, or doors and windows propped open for easy access
- If you see anyone looking suspicious, report it to police on 101 or your university security
Need advice for moving home?
- March – Homes can start being advertised as early as March. So start your search early
- Only buy from accredited agents or landlords – Your University should provide you with a list of local accredited sellers
- View first – Never move in without viewing your house first
- Inventory list – Your landlord should give you an inventory list. If not, list the condition of everything in your house and agree this with your landlord before you move in
- NUS – Visit www.NUS.org.uk – They have lots of advice to help you look for your new home
- Get insurance – A quick look on the internet and you can find home and contents insurance at student prices!