Safer Nights Out
When you’re out
Ask Angela – if you feel something is wrong and need help, go to the bar staff and ask for Angela. They will know you’re worried and will discreetly help you out of the situation.
If you see someone looking uncomfortable you can help them by asking if they are ok.
Don’t leave your phone on the table when eating out or socialising. It is easy to be taken by distraction.
- Always remember to drink responsibly
- Don’t pre-drink excessively
- Never feel pressured into drinking if you don’t want to. There are plenty of alternative social events, both on and off campus for you to enjoy
- Never leave your drink unattended or accept drinks from strangers
- Go out in a group, stay in a group, go home in a group
- Plan how you are going to get home before you go out
- Drink lots of water before you go to bed
- Misusing drugs, both legal and illegal, can have serious mental and physical effects on your health
- Remember – legal highs are not legal!
- Never feel pressured to take drugs – it is always your choice
- If you feel you need help and support on drug use, book an appointment at your local GP or university counselling service
- www.talktofrank.com has great advice on drugs, drug usage and useful contacts for help and support